Best Family Campsites
Easy Peasy Chocolate Wacky Cake!
This cake takes just six minutes to prepare. In old school terms it's a 'wacky cake', but more recently I've heard it termed 'the Moosewood vegan cake'.
Seriously, if you want to impress people by baking your own birthday cake, this is the way to go!
This recipe can also be doubled for a bigger cake.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar and salt into an ungreased 8 inch square baking tin. (or 9 inch round tin)
- In a separate bowl, measure and mix the water, oil and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the baking tin and mix the batter with a whisk or a fork.
- When the batter is smooth, add the vinegar and stir really quickly. You will see pale swirls will occur where the vinegar reacts with the baking sodareact. Stir until the vinegar is evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Set aside the cake to cool.