Best Family Campsites
Local and National Resources:
Pregnancy & Birth Loss Support
Women in Need - Shelters, Programs for Abused Women, Other Resources
General Mom Sites
- http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/ - check symptoms, find services and resources
- Victoria Medical Society - find a doctor in and around Victoria who is taking new patients
- www.mymonthlycycles.com - period and ovulation trackers
- http://www.victoriafertility.com - Victoria Fertility Centre
- http://www.elementscentre.ca - local specialists in acupuncture for fertility
- http://www.jenvining.ca - fertility counsellor
- www.motheringtouch.ca - local mother and child gurus - pay them a visit!
- www.camosun.ca - prenatal classes and more
- www.birthandbeyond.ca - doula services
www.islandmother.com - Birthing From Within prenatal classes
www.doulasofvictoria.ca - find a doula here in Victoria
www.vancouverislanddoulas.com - find a doula on Vancouver Island
www.ican-online.org - caesarean and vbac awareness
www.powertopush.ca - know your options, take control
www.mamagoddessbirthshop.com - water birth supplies
- www.motherisk.org - one of the best sites for safety info in pregnancy
- Suggested Reading List
- Adoption Council of Canada – It is the umbrella organization nationally for the promotion and awareness of adoption and waiting children
- Canada’s Waiting Kids – A resource containing a comprehensive database of Canada’s waiting children, including photos and historys
- Canadian Adoptee Registry – A place where adoptive children and birth parents can come and search for free through listings and connect
- Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children – A organization whose soul purpose is the rights of children
- www.davethomasfoundation.ca – This organisation exists to help find permanent homes for foster children in care.
- Common Adoption Terminology
- Adoption Act BC
- Origins Canada – support group for people internationally that have been separated because of adoption
- Parent Finders – another group promoting openness in the adoption process
- Adoptive Families Association of British Columbia A link to resources and events locally and province wide
- Parenting After Adoption – A group for helping adoptive parents once their adoption is complete
- North American Council on Adoptable Children
- www.motherisk.org - one of the best sites for safety info when breastfeeding
- www.vimba.com - Vancouver Island Multiple Births Association
www.tracimcgee.ca - Victoria based counsellor for postpartum depression
ca/- Local Victoria based counsellor offering PPD and transition into parenting support throught local parenting groups nad in her own private practice.
http://www.inspired-health.ca/ - Dr. Marianne Trevorrow is a naturopath who treats PPD
www.elementscentre.ca - Stephanie and Julia both provide acupuncture for PPD
www.babychangingstation.com - advice written by local RN
www.llli.org - La Leche League
www.kellymom.com - One of our favourite sites for evidence based info on pregnancy and breastfeeding
www.motheringtouch.ca - have people who can help you
www.doulasofvictoria.ca - a postpartum doula could help you
Breast Pump Lady - this is her facebook page
- www.victoriapridesociety.org/links.html A good site for local LGBT resources for Victoria and the surrounding area
- http://sipcentreyouth.wordpress.com/ The website for the South Island Pride Centre Youth and the programs/groups they offer
- www.camosunstudent.org/section/21 The pride society for Camosun College and it’s students
- www.transvancouverisland.ca/island-resources/ Website with a wealth of resources and contacts both on and off Vancouver Island for people looking for resources, support and information around Transgender people, their families and friends.
- http://uvicpride.ca/ The pride society for the University of Victoria, here you can find links to other resources within the community.
- www.fairfieldcommunity.ca/programs/dropin.html Queer Family Group. Meets on the fourth Saturday of every month from 3:30-5:30
- www.justthefactsbaby.com - from conception to kids - all the facts condensed into bite size!
- http://www.viha.ca/finding_care/facilities/health_units.htm - find your Public Health Unit
www.parentpicks.ca - local Victoria site listing childcare places
www.babyproofit.ca - professional child proofing services
www.playtherapyvictoria.com - Carrie Wright-Donaldson, M.A., R.C.C- Counselling for children, teen. Healing Through Play.
www.chatterblock.com - a great sie about all the drop ins in Victoria and more
- http://www.momsintofitness.com - A great site for getting advice and workouts. They will even personalise your workout videos!
- http://www.myyogaonline.com/ - A site full of all level all style yoga workouts